A delicious, healthy and grain-free vegetarian porridge for fall time breakfast… This vegetarian porridge will be a great for your children to eat squash and apple in their daily diet.
- 1 (1½-pound) lb whole delicata squash
- 2 large apples cored and chopped roughly
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp gelatin
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- In the pot of Instant Pot, mix together squash, apples, water and spices.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “High Pressure” for about 8 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and allow a natural release for about 10 minutes and then, do a quick release.
- Remove the lid and let the squash mixture cool enough to handle.
- Transfer squash onto a cutting board. Cut squash in half lengthwise and carefully, remove seeds.
- In a blender, add squash pulp, apple mixture from pot, maple syrup, gelatin and salt and pulse until smooth.
- Serve immediately with the drizzling of milk.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.