A vegan and amazing eggplant curry that is really so tasty and easy to make using your Instant Pot.
This Instant Pot eggplant curry is loaded with eggplant spices and tomato.
Check out this Instant Pot Eggplant Caponata if you want to diversify.
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 medium eggplant peeled, cut in half, and then sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup tomato chopped
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- Place 2 tablespoons of oil in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”. Then add half of the eggplant slices and cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer the eggplant slices into a bowl.
- Repeat with more 2 tablespoons of oil and remaining slices.
- In the pot, add remaining oil, cooked eggplant slices, onion and garlic and cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and stir in remaining ingredients except cilantro.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “High Pressure” for about 3 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and do a quick release.
- Remove the lid and select “Sauté”.
- Cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and serve hot with the garnishing of cilantro.