This is the most popular dish which has complete nutrients with great taste.
- 2 tbsp olive
- 3 pound bone-in lamb shanks
- 3/4 pound tomatillos husks removed and quartered
- 2 Anaheim peppers seeded and chopped roughly
- 2 poblano peppers seeded and chopped roughly
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped roughly
- 6 garlic cloves peeled
- 1½ tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- to taste salt
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup homemade chicken broth
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Place the oil in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”. Then add lamb shanks, tomatillos, peppers, garlic, cumin, thyme and salt and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Select “Cancel” and stir in broth.
- Secure the lid and cook under “Manual” and “High Pressure” for about 15
- Select “Cancel” and carefully do a Natural release.
- Remove the lid and with tongs, transfer lamb shanks into a bowl.
- In the pot, add cilantro, fish sauce and lime juice and with a hand blender, blend the mixture until pureed.
- Return lamb shanks into pot and stir in the pureed mixture.
- Serve immediately with the topping of yogurt.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.