Pressure Cooker Delightful Lamb Chili
- 2 tbsp olive
- 3 pound bone-in lamb shanks
- 3/4 pound tomatillos husks removed and quartered
- 2 Anaheim peppers seeded and chopped roughly
- 2 poblano peppers seeded and chopped roughly
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped roughly
- 6 garlic cloves peeled
- 1½ tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- to taste salt
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup homemade chicken broth
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
Place the oil in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”. Then add lamb shanks, tomatillos, peppers, garlic, cumin, thyme and salt and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
Select “Cancel” and stir in broth.
Secure the lid and cook under “Manual” and “High Pressure” for about 15
Select the “Cancel” and carefully do a Natural release.
Remove the lid and with tongs, transfer lamb shanks into a bowl.
In the pot, add cilantro, fish sauce and lime juice and with a hand blender, blend the mixture until pureed.
Return lamb shanks into pot and stir in the pureed mixture.
Serve immediately with the topping of yogurt.
If you loved this recipe, give it love. Thanks!