It is a very easy dish with exquisite taste and pleasant aroma. It is usually cooked in India but is loved all over the world.
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 8 curry leaves
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup split pigeon pea/ toor dal washed
- 4 cups water
- 2 tsp salt
- cilantro to garnish
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- Add oil, cumin seeds, garlic and curry leaves in the inner pot of Instant pot. Select “Sauté”.
- After 45 seconds, add chopped onions.
- Sauté for about 3 minutes and add tomato and spices.
- Now, cook for about 2 minutes and add water and dal.
- Press the “Cancel” button and close the lid of Instant pot.
- Then, press the “Manual” button and cook for about 5 minutes on HIGH pressure.
- Release the pressure naturally through the steam vent and open the lid.
- Dish out and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.