It is a very easy dish with exquisite taste and pleasant aroma. It is usually cooked in India but is loved all over the world.
Instant Pot Dal Tadka Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 11 minutes
Total Time: 21 minutes
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 8 curry leaves
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup split pigeon pea/ toor dal washed
- 4 cups water
- 2 tsp salt
- cilantro to garnish
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- Add oil, cumin seeds, garlic and curry leaves in the inner pot of Instant pot. Select “Sauté”.
- After 45 seconds, add chopped onions.
- Sauté for about 3 minutes and add tomato and spices.
- Now, cook for about 2 minutes and add water and dal.
- Press the “Cancel” button and close the lid of Instant pot.
- Then, press the “Manual” button and cook for about 5 minutes on HIGH pressure.
- Release the pressure naturally through the steam vent and open the lid.
- Dish out and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.