This amazing dessert is a delightful treat to the orange lovers, it is enriched with the flavor of oranges when served with fresh orange slices.
Instant Pot Crème Orange Flavoured Custard Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 200 g sugar
- orange essence
- 5-7 drops orange colour
- 5 eggs 1 egg yolk and 4 whole eggs
- 1 tsp orange essence
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 125 g sugar ground
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 500 ml full fat milk
- For caramel:Put 200 grams of sugar in a wide pan and place the pan on medium heat.
- Let the sugar melt without stirring, just move around the pan so the whole sugar is melted.
- When light brown color is obtained remove it from the heat.
- Put small amount of caramel into the pudding molds and twirl the molds so that there is an even coating of caramel at the bottom. Put the molds aside.
- Whisk the eggs and egg yolk together with egg beater and place it aside.
- Add a few drops of orange essence, cinnamon and orange color in the milk.
- Heat the milk up to boiling point and add into the egg mixture after cooling it for at least 30 minutes.
- Whisk the mixture well to gain smooth consistency and avoid lumps.
- Fill the pudding molds with this mixture and cover with aluminum foil.
- Place the trivet in an instant pot and pour water in it.
- Carefully place the pudding molds on the trivet and secure with the lid.
- Place on high heat, once it reaches the pressure adjust the pressure on manual “low” and let it cook for 6-7 minutes.
- Release the pressure naturally and open the lid.
- Check the consistency with the help of toothpick, if it comes out clean it means that the custard is ready
- Serve hot or cool it before serving. Serve with cookies.
This recipe is part of my FREE recipe index, where you can find the best Instant Pot recipes. If you love this recipe, please pin and share it. Thanks!
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks