This Instant Pot Creamy Shells and Beef recipe is so creamy and cheesy and is a pure comfort food.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow or sweet onion diced
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1(16 ounce) box medium pasta shells uncooked
- 1(24 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounce cream cheese cut into chunks and softened
- Put olive oil and onions into the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”.
- Sauté for about 3 minutes and add ground beef.
- Sauté for about 3 more minutes and add garlic powder, salt, black pepper, Italian seasoning, tomato paste and red pepper flakes.
- Sauté for about 2 minutes and stir in pasta shells, water and pasta sauce.
- Put the setting to “Manual” for 5 minutes on “High Pressure”.
- Select “cancel” and release the pressure naturally.
- Stir in heavy cream,cream cheese and Parmesan cheese and serve.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.