You’ll love it if you like a creamy texture and a subtle vanilla aroma. This pressure cooker rice pudding can be tasted both hot, warm or cold, and topped with fresh or dried fruits, ice cream, chocolate or whatever sweet ingredient you’re craving for!
If you prepare it in advance, just store it in the fridge until it’s time to serve it and add a splash of milk if it becomes too thick.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup Arborio rice rinsed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup water
- Combine rice and water in Instant Pot.
- Close the lid and cook at high pressure for 3 minutes.
- Once done,, wait for a natural pressure release for 10 minutes.
- After the 10 minutes, do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid and stir in half the milk and sugar.
- Whisk rest of the milk with egg, and add it into the rice while stirring.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Cook on the "saute" option until thickened.
- Serve at room temperature.
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks