This is very easy and satisfying soup with the flavour of mushrooms and cream, which are secrets of the richness of this soup.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into 1-inch chunks
- kosher salt to taste
- • Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 onion diced
- 3 carrots peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup cream fluid half-and-half or more, as needed
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley leaves chopped
- 1 sprig rosemary
- Add oil into the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”.
- Add chicken thighs with salt and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes. Keep them aside.
- Add butter to the same Instant pot and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add onions, mushrooms, garlic, carrot, thyme and celery and cook for 3-4 minutes till tender.
- Whisk in flour until light brown, now add chicken stock, bay leaf and chicken thighs and set “Manual” on high pressure for 2-3 minutes.
- Select “Cancel” and release pressure quickly.
- Add half and half, season with salt and pepper while heating to attain desired consistency.
- Garnish with rosemary and parsley and serve.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.