Instant Pot Creamy Mushroom & Chicken Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into 1-inch chunks
- kosher salt to taste
- • Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 onion diced
- 3 carrots peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup cream fluid half-and-half or more, as needed
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley leaves chopped
- 1 sprig rosemary
Add oil into the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”.
Add chicken thighs with salt and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes. Keep them aside.
Add butter to the same Instant pot and sauté for 1 minute.
Add onions, mushrooms, garlic, carrot, thyme and celery and cook for 3-4 minutes till tender.
Whisk in flour until light brown, now add chicken stock, bay leaf and chicken thighs and set “Manual” on high pressure for 2-3 minutes.
Select the “Cancel” and release pressure quickly.
Add half and half, season with salt and pepper while heating to attain desired consistency.
Garnish with rosemary and parsley and serve.
If you loved this recipe, give it love. Thanks!