A traditional drink for Christmas season!
This perfectly thick and creamy eggnog is spiced with a mild flavor of nutmeg and cinnamon.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 eggs
- In a bowl, add the eggs and beat well.
- Add the sugar and beat until dissolved completely.
- Add the milk and stiruntil well combined.
- In the pot of instant pot, place some water and swirl it to cover the bottom.
- Remove the water from pot. (Do not dry the pot).
- In the pot, place the egg mixture.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Select “Yogurt” and use the adjust button for 2 times or until the display reads “Boil”.
- Cook for about 20-25 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and remove the lid.
- With wire whisk, beat the mixture well.
- Arrange a fine mesh sieve over a bowl.
- Through the sieve, strain the eggnog mixture, pressing with the back of a spoon.
- Add the heavy cream, nutmeg and vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Transfer the eggnog into a container and refrigerate overnight before serving.
- Serve with the sprinkling of cinnamon.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.