A quick and delicious vegetarian dish for a summer lunch or a picnic. You can also taste it cool, as an original salad and side dish.
Try to use vegetable broth instead of water, or add some fresh herbs to water, so that you obtain a different aroma in your couscous.
For a vegan main dish, try out this Instant Pot Steamed Dumplings.
If you are looking for more, check out our friends at Vegan Liftz for tasty and healthy vegan recipes.
- 4 cups couscous
- 2 cups water
- 5 carrots grated
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 bell peppers chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp turmeric
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Pour olive oil into your Instant Pot, then add onion and bay leaves.
- Press “Sauté” and cook for 2 minutes, until onion turns golden.
- Add carrots and bell peppers and cook for another 2 minutes, until veggies turn softer.
- Add couscous, water, turmeric, salt and pepper.
- Cook at high pressure for 2 minutes.
- Quickly release the steam.
- Remove bay leaves, add lemon juice and stir well.