A lavish sweet treat with a delicious coffee kick.
This easy dessert is another version of the classic Instant Pot Flan, and it will will satisfy your dessert carving nicely.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup +2 tbsp water divided
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 tbsp instant coffee powder
- 1 cup water
- In a pan, add the sugar and 2 tablespoon of the water over medium-low heat and cook until the sugar turns into a golden amber color.
- Remove from the heat and immediately, place about 1½ tablespoons of the caramel into each of the 7 (4-ounce) ramekins.
- Set aside to cool and harden.
- In a large bowl, add the condensed milk, whole eggs and egg yolks and beat until smooth.
- In a pan, add 1 cup of the milk over medium heat and cook until it starts to bubble.
- Remove from the heat and add the coffee powder, stirring continuously until dissolved.
- Add the remaining milk and mix well.
- Add the milk mixture into the bowl of egg mixture and mix until well combined.
- Through a fine mesh sieve, strain the flan mixture.
- Carefully, place the mixture into the ramekins over caramel.
- With 1 piece of the foil, cover each ramekin well.
- In the bottom of Instant Pot, arrange the steamer trivet and pourthe water.
- Place the ramekins on top of the trivet.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “High Pressure” for about6 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and allow a natural release for about 10 minutes and then, do a quick release.
- Carefully, remove the lid and placethe ramekins onto a counter.
- Carefully, remove the foil and let them cool for about 60-90 minutes.
- With 1 plastic wrap, cover each ramekin and refrigerate overnight.
- Carefully, place each flan onto a serving plate and serve.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.