A lavish sweet treat with a delicious coffee kick.
This easy dessert is another version of the classic Instant Pot Flan, and it will will satisfy your dessert carving nicely.
Instant Pot Coffee Flan Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup +2 tbsp water divided
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 tbsp instant coffee powder
- 1 cup water
- In a pan, add the sugar and 2 tablespoon of the water over medium-low heat and cook until the sugar turns into a golden amber color.
- Remove from the heat and immediately, place about 1½ tablespoons of the caramel into each of the 7 (4-ounce) ramekins.
- Set aside to cool and harden.
- In a large bowl, add the condensed milk, whole eggs and egg yolks and beat until smooth.
- In a pan, add 1 cup of the milk over medium heat and cook until it starts to bubble.
- Remove from the heat and add the coffee powder, stirring continuously until dissolved.
- Add the remaining milk and mix well.
- Add the milk mixture into the bowl of egg mixture and mix until well combined.
- Through a fine mesh sieve, strain the flan mixture.
- Carefully, place the mixture into the ramekins over caramel.
- With 1 piece of the foil, cover each ramekin well.
- In the bottom of Instant Pot, arrange the steamer trivet and pourthe water.
- Place the ramekins on top of the trivet.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “High Pressure” for about6 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and allow a natural release for about 10 minutes and then, do a quick release.
- Carefully, remove the lid and placethe ramekins onto a counter.
- Carefully, remove the foil and let them cool for about 60-90 minutes.
- With 1 plastic wrap, cover each ramekin and refrigerate overnight.
- Carefully, place each flan onto a serving plate and serve.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.