The classic Tex-Max Steak truly shines as delicious proof that the beef steak is cooked best in the Instant Pot.
Classic Tex-Max Steak Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Servings: 6 people
- 2 pounds beef round steaks cut in 2-inch strips
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 4 ounces green chilies diced
- 2 tablespoons Mexican seasoning
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- 1/4 cup salsa
- salt to taste
- Mix together all the ingredients except beef and marinate beef steaks in the mixture for 30 minutes.
- Put the marinade in the Instant Pot and lock the lid.
- Set the Instant Pot to “Manual” mode for 12 minutes at high pressure.
- Release the pressure naturally and dish out on serving platters.
- Serve this steak alongside sautéed onion and green peppers, and top with sour cream and avocado slices.
This recipe is part of our FREE Instant Pot Recipe Index, a huge collection of 1139 original and delicious recipes. If you love the recipe, please pin and share it. Thanks!
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks