This is a very delicious and tasty dish on Christmas Eve to entertain your guests.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes crushed
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- to taste Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (2-pound) grass-fed whole chicken neck and giblet removed
- 1 small yellow onion quartered
- 3 garlic cloves peeled
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup water
- In a small bowl, mix together oil and spices. Keep aside.
- Stuff the cavity of chicken with onion, garlic, thyme and lemon.
- Rub the oil mixture over the breast of chicken, under the skin and over the skin.
- Select “Sauté” of the Instant Pot.
- Place chicken into the Instant Pot, breast side down.
- Carefully, rub the oil mixture on the back side of the chicken.
- Cook the chicken for about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Select “Cancel” and place water around the chicken.
- Secure the lid and cook under “Manual” and “High Pressure” for about 27 minutes.
- Select “Cancel” and carefully do a Natural release.
- Remove the lid and place chicken onto a cutting board for about 10 minutes before carving.
- With a sharp knife, cut chicken into desires sized pieces and serve.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.