An authentic vegetarian dish that is a great feast for whole family…This chickpeas pilaf is infused with the deliciousness of aromatic spices.
Instant Pot Chickpeas Pilaf Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 14 minutes
Total Time: 29 minutes
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 tbsp garlic chopped finely
- 1/2 tbsp fresh ginger chopped finely
- 1 green chili sliced
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 medium onions sliced thinly
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh mint leaves
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 medium potato cubed
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- to taste Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cup basmati rice rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves chopped finely
- 2 1/2 cup water
- Place the ghee in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”. Then add the garlic, ginger. Green chili, cumin seeds, cinnamon stick and bay leaves and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Addthe onion and cook for about 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add the tomato, mint, chili powder and turmeric and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, potato, yogurt, salt and black pepper and cook for about 1 minute.
- Press “Cancel” and stir in rice, cilantro and water.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “High Pressure” for about 6 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and do a quick release.
- Remove the lid and with a fork, fluff the rice.
- Serve warm.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.