This is an easiest and yummiest way to have a healthy protein with sweet pineapple.
- 1/2 cup homemade tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes crushed
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Pinch of salt
- to taste Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (3-ounce) chicken drumsticks, trimmed
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple chopped
- 1/2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- For sauce in a large bowl, mix together all ingredients. Add chicken drumsticks and coat with sauce generously.
- In the bottom of Instant Pot, place the chopped pineapple evenly. Arrange the drumsticks over pineapple pieces in a single layer. Pour sauce over drumsticks evenly.
- Next, secure the lid and cook under “Manual” and “High Pressure” for about 10 minutes. Select “Cancel” and carefully do a quick release.
- Remove the lid and serve these drumsticks with the drizzling of lime juice.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.