Enjoying the chicken tortillas as an afternoon snack certainly sounds like a good idea…These tortillas are made with layers of flour tortillas and a flavorful filling of chicken, lettuce and sour cream.
- 4 frozen chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp fajita seasoning
- to taste Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 onions quartered and divided
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth 1
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup lettuce shredded
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- Season the chicken with fajita seasoning, salt and black pepper generously.
- In the pot of Instant Pot, place chicken breasts, 1 onion, garlic and broth.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “High Pressure” for about 5 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and carefully do a natural release for about 10 minutes and then, do a quick release.
- Remove the lid and transfer chicken mixture into a bowl.
- With paper towels, wipe out the Instant Pot.
- Place the oil in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”. Then add the remaining onion and bell peppers and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and transfer vegetables into a bowl.
- With 2 forks, shred the chicken breasts and mix with remaining pan mixture.
- Add the bell peppers mixture and stir to combine.
- Arrange tortillas onto 4 serving plates.
- Top each tortilla with chicken mixture, followed by cooked vegetables and lettuce.
- Top with sour cream and serve.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.