Chicken pho is a super delicious soup incorporated with chicken, noodles and apple, it is a healthy and mouthwatering recipe.
Instant Pot Chicken pho Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 12 ounce rice noodles
- 1 yellow onion cut into halves
- 3 cardamoms
- 4 garlic cloves
- 5 chicken thighs
- 1 apple peeled and cored
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves roughly chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 star anise pods
- 2 inch piece of ginger sliced and smashed
- 7 cups water
- 2 jalapenos thin slices
- Fresh herbs for topping
- In a large bowl of warm water soak the noodles for 30-40 minutes.
- Add oil in an instant pot and press saute, add onions and ginger into it and let it cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add cinnamon stick, star anise, cardamom, coriander and cloves, cook for one minute.
- Add water, fish sauce, chicken, cilantro and sugar and cover with the lid
- Cook for 15 minutes on manual “high” pressure.
- Release the pressure naturally.
- Take out the chicken from pot and put it aside, strain the broth and season with pepper and salt.
- Once the chicken is cool, separate the meat from bones and put in 4 separate soup bowls also put noodles and broth.
- Serve with jalapeno and herbs topping.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.