A Vietnamese inspired full meal salad that is ideal for family and friend’s lunchtime gathering… This dish packs all the flavors of chicken, garden fresh veggies, noodles and authentic Vietnamese dressing.
- 1 lb chicken thighs
- as required Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 Serrano peppers sliced thinly
- 6 ounce rice noodles soaked for 15 minutes and drained
- 2 cups carrots peeled and julienned
- 2 cups cabbage shredded
- 2 cup lettuce shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves chopped
- For chicken: sprinkle the chicken thighs with salt and black pepper.
- Add the oil in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”. Now, add the chicken thighs and cook for about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer the chicken thighs onto a plate.
- In the bottom of Instant Pot, arrange a steamer trivet and pour the water.
- Place the chicken thighs on top of the trivet.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “High Pressure” for about 9 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and allow a natural release for about 10 minutes and then, do a quick release.
- Carefully, remove the lid and transfer the chicken thighs onto a cutting board.
- Chop the chicken thighs into desired sized pieces.
- For the dressing: in a food processor, add all the ingredients except the Serrano peppers and pulse until smooth.
- Transfer the dressing into a large serving bowl and stir in the Serrano pepper slices.
- With a kitchen scissors, cut the drained noodles into shorter pieces.
- In a large skillet, heat a small amount of the dressing over medium-high heat and stir-fry the noodles for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In the bowl of the remaining dressing, add the chicken, salad ingredients and noodles and gently, toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.