A Vietnamese inspired full meal salad that is ideal for family and friend’s lunchtime gathering… This dish packs all the flavors of chicken, garden fresh veggies, noodles and authentic Vietnamese dressing.
Instant Pot Chicken & Noodles Salad Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Total Time: 38 minutes
- 1 lb chicken thighs
- as required Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 Serrano peppers sliced thinly
- 6 ounce rice noodles soaked for 15 minutes and drained
- 2 cups carrots peeled and julienned
- 2 cups cabbage shredded
- 2 cup lettuce shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves chopped
- For chicken: sprinkle the chicken thighs with salt and black pepper.
- Add the oil in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”. Now, add the chicken thighs and cook for about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer the chicken thighs onto a plate.
- In the bottom of Instant Pot, arrange a steamer trivet and pour the water.
- Place the chicken thighs on top of the trivet.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “High Pressure” for about 9 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and allow a natural release for about 10 minutes and then, do a quick release.
- Carefully, remove the lid and transfer the chicken thighs onto a cutting board.
- Chop the chicken thighs into desired sized pieces.
- For the dressing: in a food processor, add all the ingredients except the Serrano peppers and pulse until smooth.
- Transfer the dressing into a large serving bowl and stir in the Serrano pepper slices.
- With a kitchen scissors, cut the drained noodles into shorter pieces.
- In a large skillet, heat a small amount of the dressing over medium-high heat and stir-fry the noodles for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In the bowl of the remaining dressing, add the chicken, salad ingredients and noodles and gently, toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe is part of our FREE Instant Pot Recipe Index, a huge collection of 1140 original and delicious recipes. If you love the recipe, please pin and share it. Thanks!
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks