Another Thai curry is on the menu with the distinct red curry paste. Try it with boiled rice for best taste.
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 4 lb chicken thights boneless
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1 small pink bell pepper chopped
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1(8.oz) can Thai red curry sauce
- 1(12.oz) can darkish beer bottle
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- salt and pepper to season
- Mix garlic powder with 3 tbsp flour, salt, and cayenne pepper in a ziplock bag.
- Add chicken thighs to the flour mixture and shake well to coat.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan. Fry coated chicken until golden brown.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate lined with paper towel and set it aside.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the Instant Pot cooking pot.
- Secure the lid and cook at “Manual” function for 20 minutes at high pressure.
- Release the pressure naturally and remove the lid.
- Mix remaining flour with butter in bowl to make its roux.
- Add this mixture to the Instant Pot.
- Place chicken in the cooker and cook on “Sauté” function until sauce thickens.
- Serve warm.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.