Another Thai curry is on the menu with the distinct red curry paste. Try it with boiled rice for best taste.
Instant Pot Chicken in Thai Red Curry Stew Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 4 lb chicken thights boneless
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1 small pink bell pepper chopped
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1(8.oz) can Thai red curry sauce
- 1(12.oz) can darkish beer bottle
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- salt and pepper to season
- Mix garlic powder with 3 tbsp flour, salt, and cayenne pepper in a ziplock bag.
- Add chicken thighs to the flour mixture and shake well to coat.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan. Fry coated chicken until golden brown.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate lined with paper towel and set it aside.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the Instant Pot cooking pot.
- Secure the lid and cook at “Manual” function for 20 minutes at high pressure.
- Release the pressure naturally and remove the lid.
- Mix remaining flour with butter in bowl to make its roux.
- Add this mixture to the Instant Pot.
- Place chicken in the cooker and cook on “Sauté” function until sauce thickens.
- Serve warm.
This recipe is part of our FREE Instant Pot Recipe Index, a huge collection of 1139 original and delicious recipes. If you love the recipe, please pin and share it. Thanks!
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks