Thai green curry stew is great to serve with steaming boiled rice. Curry soaked chicken gives a mouth-pleasing effect.
Instant Pot Chicken in Thai Green Curry Stew Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 4 lb chicken thighs boneless
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1 small pink bell pepepr
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 bok choy chooped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp marjoran
- 1 (8 oz.) can Thai green curry sauce
- 1 (12 oz.) bottle darkish beer
- 1/2 cup rooster broth
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- Mix garlic powder with 3 tbsp flour, salt, and cayenne pepper in a ziplock bag.
- Add chicken thighs to the flour mixture and shake well to coat.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan. Fry coated chicken until golden brown.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate lined with paper towel and set it aside.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the Instant Pot cooking pot.
- Secure the lid and cook at “Manual” function for 20 minutes at high pressure.
- Release the pressure naturally and remove the lid.
- Mix remaining flour with butter in a bowl to make its roux.
- Add this mixture to the Instant Pot.
- Place chicken in the cooker and cook on “Sauté” function until sauce thickens.
- Serve warm.
This recipe is part of our FREE Instant Pot Recipe Index, a huge collection of 1140 original and delicious recipes. If you love the recipe, please pin and share it. Thanks!
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks