Those of you who love white meat can enjoy this chicken gumbo. Seasoned with Cajon spices, it gives a finest culinary experience.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 white onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 4 cup water
- 2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (16 oz.) pakage frozen okra
- 1 tbsp cajun spice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts chopped
- 1/2 cup flat leaves parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup scallions sliced
- 1/2 tsp file powder
- 6 cups white rice cooked
- Select “Sauté” function on the Instant Pot pressure cooker.
- Mix oil with flour in the cooking pot and sauté for 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Stir in vegetables to the mixture and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add water and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Stir in all the remaining ingredients and secure the lid.
- Cook on “Manual” functions for 10 minutes at high pressure.
- Release the steam naturally then remove the lid.
- Add cooked rice and stir gently.
- Serve warm.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.