Enjoy a filling soup that will surely brighten up your cold winter days…This filling and warming soup is a delicious combo of chicken, chickpeas, sweet potato and spinach.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3(4-ounce) skinless boneless chicken breast
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary crushed
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled and cubed
- 1 cup tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups fresh spinach chopped
- 1 cup canned chickpeas rinsed and drained
- Place the oil in an Instant Pot and select “Sauté”. Now, add the chicken, salt and black pepper and cook for about 5 minutes or until browned.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken breasts onto a plate.
- In the pot, add the onion and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, rosemary and red pepper flakesand cook for about 1 minute.
- Press “Cancel” and stir in the cooked chicken, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, broth and spinach.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “High Pressure” for about 4 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and do a quick release.
- Carefully, remove the lid and stir in the chickpeas.
- Select “Sauté” and cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and stir in the salt and black pepper.
- Serve hot.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.