Looking for a quick Instant Pot one-pot meal? This recipe is just for you.
Enjoy these Mexican inspired dinner bowls that are filling and tasty as well. These bowls are packed with the mildly spicy chicken, rice, black beans, salsa,cheddar cheese and fresh cilantro.
If you want to use fish instead, you can try this Instant Pot Salmon and Rice.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (15½-ounce) can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- Place the oil in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”. Then add the onion and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and chili powder and cook for about 1 minute.
- Select “Cancel” and stir in chicken, beans, salsa and rice and top with broth.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “High Pressure” for about 10 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and do a quick release.
- Remove the lid and transfer chicken mixture into serving bowls.
- Top with cilantro and cheese and serve.