An excellent Italian cuisine which contains many ingredients which all together brings out a mouthwatering taste!
If you like this recipe, try the classic Instant Pot Tortellini Soup.
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp basil dried
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breasts/thighs boneless
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 cups cheese tortellini frozen/fresh
- 3 cups spinach packed
- 2 cups petite tomatoes with juices diced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup half and half
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Press “sauté” and add onion and garlic in an instant pot, stir frequently until onion is translucent.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, chicken, chicken broth, salt and pepper and stir the contents.
- Cover with the lid and seal the valve.
- Cook for 15 minutes on manual “high” pressure.
- Release the pressure naturally.
- Take out the chicken and put it on the cutting board. Cut into bite size pieces and again put it back into the instant pot.
- Add tortellini, cheese, half and half and spinach.
- Press sauté and quickly heat up the tortellini.
- Serve warm.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.