Instant Pot Chicken And Orzo Soup With Butternut Squash
- 2 cans hen broth
- 1 can juicy tomatoes diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg grated
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup chicken cooked and cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup green onion chopped
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1½ cup half and half
- 1/2 cup carrots chopped
- 1 cup orzo
- 1/4 tsp pepper ground
- 1½ lb butternut squash diced
- green onion and lemon for garnishing
Put butter in an instant pot. Add garlic, celery, onion and carrots. Stir the ingredients.
Add butternut squash, canned tomatoes, red pepper flakes and chicken broth. Stir briefly and add nutmeg and Italian seasoning.
Cook on manual “High” pressure for 10 minutes.
Release the pressure quickly.
Mash the mixture until it becomes smooth, add chicken, half and half and orzo.
Garnish with green onions and lemon on top and serve.
If you loved this recipe, give it love. Thanks!