This prawn masala is a very good option when you are craving especially for seafood. Yet it is very easy to make.
- 1 lb prawns
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 curry leaves
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup coconut grated
- 2 medium tomatoes diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 inch ginger minced
- 1 large onion diced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 red chili whole
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 whole cloves
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 5 green cardamoms
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- For Spice blend:Put whole spicesin the Instant Pot and press “sauté”.
- Sauté for about 1 minute and addginger, garlic and coconut.
- Sauté for about 2 minutes and transfer into a blender with the remaining ingredients.
- Add all these ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until powder is formed and keep aside.
- For Curry:Put oil, curry and bay leaves in the Instant Pot and press “sauté”.
- Sauté for about 1 minute and add onions.
- Sauté for about 3 minutes and add tomatoes, salt and ground spices.
- Sauté for about 2 minutes and stir in prawns and water.
- Lock lid and cook at “High Pressure” and “Manual” for about 6 minutes.
- Release the pressure quickly and garnish with cilantro to serve.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.