A wonderful dish that is a southern favorite… This creamy dish will bea great choice for breakfast or side dish as well… Combo of milk, sharp cheddar cheese, dill weed and spices complements ground grits nicely.
Instant Pot Cheese Grits Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup stone ground grits
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup extra-sharp cheddar cheese grated finely
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried dill weed
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- In the pot of Instant Pot, place the water, grits and salt and stir to combine.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “High Pressure” for about 10 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and allow a natural release for about 15 minutes and then, do a quick release.
- Remove the lid and stir in the remaining ingredients until well combined.
- Serve immediately with the topping of extra cheese and butter.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks