A Vietnamese classic dinner recipe in which catfish is glazed with sweet and savory caramel sauce greatly… This caramelized catfish makes an excellent pair with white rice and stir-fried Asian greens.
- 3 cloves garlic minced and divided
- 2 scallions (white part) minced
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp coconut caramel sauce
- as required Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb catfish fillets
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 shallot minced
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- Place half of the garlic,scallions, fish sauce, sugar, caramel sauce and black pepper in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add the fish and coat with mixture generously.
- Set aside to marinate for about 15-30 minutes.
- Add the oil in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”. Now, add the shallot and remaining garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the fish with marinade sauce and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Flip the fish and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and stir in the coconut water.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “Low Pressure” for about 3 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and do a quick release.
- Carefully, remove the lid and select “Sauté”.
- Cook for about 3-5 minutes, placing the sauce over the fish occasionally.
- Press “Cancel” and serve.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.