This classic sweet treat is warm, rich and absolutely delicious.
Instant Pot Carrot Halwa Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 10 carrots peeled and grated
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp saffron crumbled
- 2 tbsp almond sliced
- Place the ghee in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”. Then add the carrots and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and stir in the milk.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “High Pressure” for about 5 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and do a quick release.
- Remove the lid and stir in the remaining ingredients except almonds.
- Press “Sauté” and cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and serve warm with the garnishing of almonds.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.