A wonderful plate of caramelized tofu!
Combo of sugar, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce and red pepper flakes infuses the sauce with a balanced sweetness and spiciness with a deep mahogany shine.
If you are into vegan main dishes, try this Instant Pot Seitan.
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp fresh ginger minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes crushed
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 16 ounce extra firm tofu pressed and cut into ½-inch thick pieces.
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients except the tofu and oil and beat until well combined.
- Add the oil in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”. Now, add the tofu and cook for about 2-3 minutes or until browned from all sides.
- Press “Cancel” and stir in the sauce.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “High Pressure” for about 5 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and do a quick release.
- Carefully, remove the lid and serve.
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks