A life changing recipe of salmon for a heathy dinner… This Vietnamese style recipe featuresa healthy salmon that is prepared in a classically sweet, tangy and lightly savory ginger sauce.
Instant Pot Caramelized Salmon Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Total Time: 21 minutes
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 1 tsp fresh lime zest grated
- Freshly ground black pepper as required
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless salmon fillets
- 1 scallion (green part) chopped
- 1 tsp sesame seeds toasted
- 2 cups jasmine rice cooked
- Place all the ingredients except the salmon and scallion in a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Place the sugar mixture in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Select “Cancel” and stir in the salmon fillets.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “Low Pressure” for about 1 minute.
- Press “Cancel” and allow a natural release for about 5 minutes and then, do a quick release.
- Carefully, remove the lid and select “Sauté”.
- Cook for about 1 minute.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the salmon fillets onto a platter.
- Cook the sauce for about 3 minutes.
- Select “Cancel” and pour the caramel sauce over the salmon fillets.
- Garnish with scallion and sesame seeds and serve alongside the cooked rice.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.