This delicious recipe features the fresh and refreshing pears, the cake should be flipped so that the pears can be reveled from the top, caramelize the sugar on top.
Instant Pot Caramelized Pear Crumb Cake Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 6 small pears cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup demerara sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 square butter
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 lemon
- Mix together bread crumbs, cinnamon powder, lemon juice, sugar, ginger powder, lemon rind and melted butter to make crumb filling.
- Grease the cake tin and properly arrange the thin slices of pears around it in circular pattern.
- Spread the bread crumbs, again arrange the pear slices and then once again spread the bread crumbs.
- After the layering is done cover the cake tin with aluminum foil
- Put the trivet in an instant pot and pour water into it, then place the cake tin over the trivet.
- Cover with the lid and cook for 20 minutes on manual “high” pressure.
- Release the pressure naturally
- Carefully take out the cake upside down and sprinkle demerara sugar on the top.
- With the help of blow torch caramelize the sugar and serve.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.