This delicious recipe features the fresh and refreshing pears, the cake should be flipped so that the pears can be reveled from the top, caramelize the sugar on top.
- 6 small pears cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup demerara sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 square butter
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 lemon
- Mix together bread crumbs, cinnamon powder, lemon juice, sugar, ginger powder, lemon rind and melted butter to make crumb filling.
- Grease the cake tin and properly arrange the thin slices of pears around it in circular pattern.
- Spread the bread crumbs, again arrange the pear slices and then once again spread the bread crumbs.
- After the layering is done cover the cake tin with aluminum foil
- Put the trivet in an instant pot and pour water into it, then place the cake tin over the trivet.
- Cover with the lid and cook for 20 minutes on manual “high” pressure.
- Release the pressure naturally
- Carefully take out the cake upside down and sprinkle demerara sugar on the top.
- With the help of blow torch caramelize the sugar and serve.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.