Red beans commonly include ham or sausage. The sausage portion is reduced to a half- pound, keeping the flavor intact, but the calories and cost are low.
Instant Pot Cajun Red Beans Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 27 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 pound turkey sausage casings removed
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 small yellow onion copped
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tsp Cajun seasonings
- 3 cup cooked red beans
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cup cooked long grain white rice
- Put the oil, sausage, garlic, onion, pepper and celery in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”.
- Sauté for 4 minutes and add the beans, seasoning, tomatoes and water.
- Set the Instant Pot to “Manual” for 10 minutes at high pressure.
- Release the pressure naturally and stir in the cooked rice.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.