This mouth watering sweet pork tastes just like café rio’s sweet pork. Best as a fancy dish and once you’ll try this recipe, everyone will love it.
Instant Pot Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp onion salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 lb pork butt
- 1 can coke
- 1 small can red enchilada sauce
- 4 ounce brown sugar
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 cup water
- Rub spices on all sides of pork and set aside for 30 minutes up to few hours.
- Turn on the instant pot and select sauté.
- Add in pork and add water till its covered.
- Close the lid of the instant pot.
- Set the instant pot to “Manual” at high pressure for 60 minutes, release the pressure naturally through steam vent.
- Meanwhile in a blender add coke, brown sugar, green chilies, garlic salt, enchilada sauce and blend till it becomes smooth.
- When instant pot is finished, open the lid and remove liquid from pot.
- Shred the pork and mix with blended mixture.
- Let pork and sauce sit for 20-30 minutes before serving.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.