This wild blackberry syrup adds zing with lemon flavour, serve over pancakes and waffles.
- 350 g blackberries air dried and washed
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 bottle sparkling water
- 1 lemon cut into coins
- Add one cup water to the Instant pot and place the trivet, an empty heatproof container and a steamer basket filled with the berries and lemon in an even layer.
- Close the lid and set the Instant pot to “Manual” at high pressure for 12 minutes.
- Select “Cancel” and release the pressure quickly.
- Take out the steamer basket which has steamed fruits. The bottom container will contain the juice.
- Add juice to the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”.
- Add double the quantity of sugar into juice (e.g., add 1 cup of sugar to half cup of juice) and cook for 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves.
- Select “Cancel” and remove the juice.
- Store this juice in the refrigerator for 1-2 months.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.