This is a very tasty dish cooked in Instant pot which boosts the depths of flavours. It originates from India and is loved all over the world.
Instant Pot Black Eyed Peas Curry Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 41 minutes
Total Time: 46 minutes
- 2 cups black eyed peas soaked in water for 2 hours
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 inch ginger
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 green chilies
- 3 cups water
- cilantro to garnish
- 3 tsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Add ginger, onion, garlic and green chili in a blender. Blend well.
- Meanwhile, put oil and cumin seeds in the inner pot of Instant pot. Select “Sauté”.
- After 30 seconds, add the ginger paste and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Then, add tomatoes and spices and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Finally, add drained black eyed peas and water and close the lid.
- Press the “Manual” button and cook for about 30 minutes on HIGH pressure.
- Release the pressure naturally through the steam vent and open the lid.
- Dish out and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.