This is a very tasty dish cooked in Instant pot which boosts the depths of flavours. It originates from India and is loved all over the world.
- 2 cups black eyed peas soaked in water for 2 hours
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 inch ginger
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 green chilies
- 3 cups water
- cilantro to garnish
- 3 tsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Add ginger, onion, garlic and green chili in a blender. Blend well.
- Meanwhile, put oil and cumin seeds in the inner pot of Instant pot. Select “Sauté”.
- After 30 seconds, add the ginger paste and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Then, add tomatoes and spices and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Finally, add drained black eyed peas and water and close the lid.
- Press the “Manual” button and cook for about 30 minutes on HIGH pressure.
- Release the pressure naturally through the steam vent and open the lid.
- Dish out and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.