This mouthwatering is delicious in taste. It is quick, easy and gives you energy through your tiring day.
Instant Pot Black Eyed Pea Curry Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 cup dried black eyed peas soaked for 2 hours
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tomato diced
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- cilantro leaves garnish
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 2 cups water
- Turn on the instant pot and select sauté.
- Add olive oil, bay leaf, cumin seeds, onions and sauté for 6 minutes.
- Add ginger, garlic, spices tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add water and black eyed peas.
- Select Cancel and close the lid of the instant pot.
- Set instant pot to Manual at high pressure and cook for 20 minutes. Release the pressure naturally through steam vent.
- Dish out and garnish with cilantro.
This recipe is part of our FREE Instant Pot Recipe Index, a huge collection of 1140 original and delicious recipes. If you love the recipe, please pin and share it. Thanks!
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks