These instant pot black beans with chorizo are delicious, satisfying and flavorful. They are incredibly quick and easy to make.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 cup onion
- 6 garlic cloves peeled
- 7 ounce Spanish chorizo sliced
- 1 cup bell pepper diced
- 16 ounce black beans soaked
- 4 cup chicken stock
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- cilantro leaves chopped
- Add oil, garlic, onion in a blender and blend until the mixture is smooth. Leave this mixture aside.
- Turn on the instant pot and select sauté.
- Add chorizo and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add bell peppers and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Remove bell peppers and chorizo from pot and leave the fat released by chorizo in the pot.
- Add blended mixture to the pot and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add stock and soaked beans in it and mix well.
- Close the lid of the instant pot.
- Set the instant pot to “Beans” at high pressure for 20 minutes, release the pressure through venting.
- Remove the lid of the instant pot.
- Select sauté and add bell peppers and chorizo again in the instant pot, mix well.
- Let the mixture simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Press cancel, garnish it with cilantro and serve.
Calories: 237kcal Carbohydrates: 21g Protein: 13g Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 3g Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g Monounsaturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 19mg Sodium: 471mg Potassium: 405mg Fiber: 6g Sugar: 4g Vitamin A: 679IU Vitamin C: 26mg Calcium: 29mg Iron: 2mg
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.