These instant pot black beans with chorizo are delicious, satisfying and flavorful. They are incredibly quick and easy to make.
Instant Pot Black Beans With Chorizo Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 cup onion
- 6 garlic cloves peeled
- 7 ounce Spanish chorizo sliced
- 1 cup bell pepper diced
- 16 ounce black beans soaked
- 4 cup chicken stock
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- cilantro leaves chopped
- Add oil, garlic, onion in a blender and blend until the mixture is smooth. Leave this mixture aside.
- Turn on the instant pot and select sauté.
- Add chorizo and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add bell peppers and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Remove bell peppers and chorizo from pot and leave the fat released by chorizo in the pot.
- Add blended mixture to the pot and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add stock and soaked beans in it and mix well.
- Close the lid of the instant pot.
- Set the instant pot to “Beans” at high pressure for 20 minutes, release the pressure through venting.
- Remove the lid of the instant pot.
- Select sauté and add bell peppers and chorizo again in the instant pot, mix well.
- Let the mixture simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Press cancel, garnish it with cilantro and serve.
This recipe is part of our FREE Instant Pot Recipe Index, a huge collection of 1139 original and delicious recipes. If you love the recipe, please pin and share it. Thanks!
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks