A craving and wholesome food recipe for chilly nights.
This black beans curry is a healthy addition in your menu list.
Instant Pot Black Beans Curry Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 32 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion chopped finely
- 1 cup red bell pepper seeded and chopped finely
- 4 cloves garlic chopped finely
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro with stems chopped roughly
- 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tbsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 cups dried black beans soaked overnight and drained
- 3 cups water
- to taste Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Place the oil in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”. Then add the bell pepper and onion and cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add garlic, cilantro and spices and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and stir in the beans, water, salt and black pepper.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “High Pressure” for about 25 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and allow a natural release.
- Remove the lid and stir in lemon juice.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.