A lip-smacking dessert with a beautifully red color.
Surely this eastern halwa will satisfy your sweet tooth carving.
So if you like the color and want to make something other than the usual Instant Pot Beets,this halwa recipe is for you!
- 1½ tbsp ghee
- 3 cup beetroot trimmed, peeled and grated
- 1½ cup hot milk
- pinch salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 cup cashews
- Place the ghee in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”. Then add the beets and cook for about 7-8 minutes.
- Press the “Cancel” and stir in milk and salt.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Select “Manual” and cook under “Low Pressure” for about 15 minutes.
- Press the “Cancel” and allow a “Quick” release.
- Remove the lid and select “Sauté”.
- Cook until most of the milk is absorbed.
- Add sugar and cardamom and cook for about 15 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Press the “Cancel” and serve warm with the garnishing of cashews.