A versatile and deeply flavored pork roast from Instant Pot cooking… This beer braised pork is fall apart, tender and loaded with delicious savory flavors.
Instant Pot Beer Braised Pulled Pork Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 1/2 lb quarter pork roast
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- to taste freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cup onion sliced
- 3/4 cup root beer
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 3/4 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Season the pork roast with garlic salt and black pepper evenly.
- In a bowl, add the remaining ingredients and mix until well combined.
- In the pot of Instant Pot, place the roast and top with the beer mixture.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Select “Meat/Stew” and just use the default time of 35 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and allow a natural release for about 5 minutes and then do a quick release.
- Carefully, remove the lid and with a slotted spoon, discard the onions.
- With two forks, shred the pork meat and mix with the pan sauce.
- Serve hot.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.