A versatile and deeply flavored pork roast from Instant Pot cooking… This beer braised pork is fall apart, tender and loaded with delicious savory flavors.
- 1 1/2 lb quarter pork roast
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- to taste freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cup onion sliced
- 3/4 cup root beer
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 3/4 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Season the pork roast with garlic salt and black pepper evenly.
- In a bowl, add the remaining ingredients and mix until well combined.
- In the pot of Instant Pot, place the roast and top with the beer mixture.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Select “Meat/Stew” and just use the default time of 35 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and allow a natural release for about 5 minutes and then do a quick release.
- Carefully, remove the lid and with a slotted spoon, discard the onions.
- With two forks, shred the pork meat and mix with the pan sauce.
- Serve hot.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.