Beef pot roast and gravy is an excellent choice for a high protein diet along with tremendous taste.
Instant Pot Beef Pot Roast And Gravy Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 chuck trimmed roast
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 large parsnips peeled and chopped
- 3 carrots chopped
- 1 lb turnips chopped
- 1 onion
- 1 lb potatoes diced
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp flour
- Run salt and pepper on the roast. Add oil in the instant pot and put the roast in it, let it cook until it gets brown.
- Add water, beef broth and red wine into the pot and let it cook for 35 minutes on manual “high”.
- Release the pressure naturally.
- Add rest of the contents and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Carefully take out the roast and cut into even slices.
- Remove the herbs and add flour for thickening the sauce.
- Serve the roast with cooked vegetables and sauce.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.