One of the traditional and popular South East Asian dinner soup recipes… This flavor packed and healthysoupis made withtender beef, rice noodles, fresh herbs, Asian sauces, whole spices.
Instant Pot Beef & Noodles Soup Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 35 minutes
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 lb beef shanks
- 1 large onion sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger sliced tinly
- 10 1/2 cups water divided
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 star anise pods
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 tsp whole black peppercorns
- salt as required
- 1 1/2 lb beef brisket
- 10 cups water
- 1 lb thin rice noodles prepared according to package’s directions
- 2 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2-3 Serrano chilies sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Add the oil in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”. Now, add the beef shanks and sear for about 3 minutes per side.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the shanks into a bowl
- In the pot, add the onions and ginger and cook for about 5-6 minutes.
- Add ½ cup of water and scrape the browned bits from the bottom.
- Select “Cancel” and stir in the cooked beef shanks, fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, whole spices and salt.
- Arrange the beef brisket on top and place the remaining water.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “High Pressure” for about60 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and allow a natural release.
- Carefully, remove the lid and transfer the shanks and brisket onto a plate.
- Through a fine mesh strainer, strain the broth.
- Remove the bones from the shanks and shred it.
- Cut the brisket into thin slicesagainst the grain crosswise.
- Divide the cooked noodles and meat into 8 serving bowls and top with the hot broth.
- Top each bowl with bean sprouts, herbs and Serrano chilies.
- Drizzle with the soy sauce and serve.
This recipe is part of my FREE recipe index, where you can find the best Instant Pot recipes. If you love this recipe, please pin and share it. Thanks!
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks