Ravioli gives a soothing flavour to a curry and this recipe is making an excellent use of it along with tomato cream and beef.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 white onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 4 cup water
- 2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1(16.oz) can frozen okra
- 1 tbsp cajun spice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb beef chopped
- 1/2 cup flat leaves parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup scallions sliced
- 1/2 tsp file powder
- 1 cup ravioli dough
- 1 cup cooked tomato in cream pureed
- Select “Sauté” function on the Instant Pot pressure cooker.
- Mix oil with flour in the cooking pot and sauté for 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Stir in vegetables to the mixture and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add water and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Stir in all the remaining ingredients except ravioli and secure the lid.
- Cook on “Manual” functions for 15 minutes at high pressure.
- Release the steam naturally then remove the lid.
- Spread the ravioli dough and add to the beef gumbo.
- Cook for 5 to 10 minutes on “Sauté” function.
- Serve warm.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.