Rich meat gumbo finds a special place on our occasional festive menu. Loaded with pork, okra and other veggies, it can be best served with warm bread.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 white onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 4 cup water
- 2 cup pork stock
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1(16 oz) can frozen okra
- 1 tbsp cajun spice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb pork shoulder chopped and BBQ
- 1/2 cup flat leaves parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup scallions diced
- 1/2 tsp file powder
- 6 cups white rice cooked
- Select “Sauté” function on the Instant Pot pressure cooker.
- Add oil with flour and sauté for 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Stir in all the vegetables and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add water and allow the mixture to boil.
- Stir in all the remaining ingredients and secure the lid.
- Select “Manual” function for 1 minute at high pressure.
- Release the pressure completely then remove the lid.
- Add cooked rice and mix well.
- Serve warm.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.