Rich meat gumbo finds a special place on our occasional festive menu. Loaded with pork, okra and other veggies, it can be best served with warm bread.
Instant Pot BBQ Pork Gumbo Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 26 minutes
Total Time: 36 minutes
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 white onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 4 cup water
- 2 cup pork stock
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1(16 oz) can frozen okra
- 1 tbsp cajun spice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb pork shoulder chopped and BBQ
- 1/2 cup flat leaves parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup scallions diced
- 1/2 tsp file powder
- 6 cups white rice cooked
- Select “Sauté” function on the Instant Pot pressure cooker.
- Add oil with flour and sauté for 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Stir in all the vegetables and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add water and allow the mixture to boil.
- Stir in all the remaining ingredients and secure the lid.
- Select “Manual” function for 1 minute at high pressure.
- Release the pressure completely then remove the lid.
- Add cooked rice and mix well.
- Serve warm.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.