A delightful soup made with chestnut. When combined with bacon, becomes amazing and tender.
Instant Pot Bacon Chestnut Soup Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 4 tbsp butter
- 5 bacon strips cooked crispy
- 1.5 lb chestnuts
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 sprig sage
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1 bay laurel leaf
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1 potato
- 4 cups chicken stock
- A few scraps of nutmeg
- fresh cream for garnish
- sage leaves
- Fresh nutmeg shavings
- For chestnuts:If you are using fresh chestnuts, puree them.
- If you are using dried chestnuts, you can soak them in milk overnight, in the refrigerator.
- If you are using canned chestnuts, rinse them and use.
- For sTurn on the instant pot and select sauté.
- Add butter, celery, onion, sage, white pepper and them till the onions becomes soft.
- Add bay laurel leaf, potato, stock and chestnuts in it.
- Lock the lid of the instant pot.
- Set the instant pot to “Manual” at high pressure for 20 minutes, release the pressure naturally.
- Remove bay leaves and add nutmeg shavings in it.
- Serve hot with fresh cream and add sage leaves, bacon and nutmegs in it.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.