It is the simplest , yet very tasty recipe. You can serve it as a snack and enjoy it. The taste of it amazing.
If you are into squash, this Instant Pot recipe is a great option for taste and healthy side dish.
For the last step you can use Instant Pot Duo Crisp or Mealthy Crisplid as well.
- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 tsp kosher salt divided
- 3 small acron squashes halved lengthwise
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves minced
- 8 ounce baby mushrooms finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup reduced-sugar dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves chopped
- Boil the rice.
- Add ½ cup water in the instant pot.
- Place squash on trivet and trivet in the instant pot.
- Close the lid of the instant pot.
- Set the instant pot to “Manual” at high pressure for 4 minutes, release the pressure naturally for 5 minutes then quickly release through steam vent.
- Open the lid, drain and place them on a plate.
- Add olive oil in the instant pot and select sauté.
- Add shallot and sauté for 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add mushrooms, black pepper, left over kosher salt and sauté for about 7 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, cranberries, thyme, cooked rice, pepitas and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Spoon this filling into squash
- Broil for 5 minutes in the Instant Pot Air Fryer lid or in the oven.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂