Deep frying is popular worldwide, with deep-fried foods accounting for a large portion of global caloric consumption. Deep fried food smells delicious when it’s cooking but sometimes can also leave an unpleasant aroma behind, especially if it’s been overcooked or burned.
Modern fryers often come with features such as timers with an audible alarm, automatic devices to raise and lower the basket into the oil, measures to prevent food crumbs from becoming overcooked, ventilation systems to reduce frying odors, oil filters to extend the usable life of the oil, and mechanical or electronic temperature controls. To avoid unpleasant experience in deep frying let us consider two of the best modern brands in the market today the Hamilton Beach 35021 and Presto 05420 Fry Daddy Deep Fryers.
Deep fryers typically feature 2 to 12 cup capacities. The majority of models offer 5 to 6 cup capacities which produces a good amount of food for 2 people.
Hamilton Beach 35021 Deep Fryer
The company is one of the world’s leading distributors of home kitchen appliances in the market today. It designs, markets, and distributes a multitude of small electric household appliances. Founded in April 1910 by inventor Frederick J. Osius in Racine, Wisconsin, the Hamilton Beach Manufacturing Company took its name from two men Osius hired, Louis Hamilton and Chester Beach. As of 2012, all of Hamilton Beach’s appliances are manufactured by contract manufactures in China.
Today, Hamilton Beach continues to grow with a progressive new image and continued dedication to serving consumers. Based in the suburbs of Richmond, Virginia, the company employ 550 people globally and sell over 33 million appliances every year.
This electric deep fryer could appeal to a range of different users. It works well and it is easy to use. Along with that, it has a decent capacity level for cooking large portions. It looks good enough to fit in almost any kitchen and it has all of the safety features that you need.
Product Feature and Benefits
- Removable immersion heat element
- 8 cup oil capacity dimension (inches): 8.58 H x 11.38 W x 13.94 D
- Adjustable thermostat
- Indicator lights for power and ready
- Cool touch housing
- Removable frying basket hold up to 6-cups of French fries
- Vented lid with viewing window
- User can life food without opening the lid
- Removable oil tank
- Magnetic cord
- With an adjustable thermostat and the effective immersion heat element, this device heats up quickly and it holds a stable temperature.
- It has easy to use controls and it has a range of features that are designed to make this device user friendly.
- It comes with a lid for when you are cooking to reduce the mess of frying and the lid has a viewing window to allow the user to monitor the food without having to open the fryer.
- The basket can be removed from the oil without opening the lid.
- It has cool touch housing to prevent burns and it has a magnetic plug for safety.
- For cleaning and maintenance, many of the parts can be easily removed.
- You can immerse the food while the lid is closed to keep the hot oil contained
- This fryer doesn’t include a timer
Presto 05420 Fry Daddy
The company was founded in 1905 in Eau Claire, Wisconsin in the small kitchen appliances industry. Originally called the “Northwestern Steel and Iron Works’ and then becoming the National Pressure Cooker Company” in 1917. Beginning in 1939, National Presto Industries introduced small home-use cooking appliances including deep fryers. The Presto Company was quick to follow with the introduction of a new concept in deep fryers. In 1976, the fry Baby deep fryer was an immediate success and led to the introduction of the family size Fry daddy deep fryer in 1977.
One of the most important things when buying a deep fryer is warranty. Presto offers one-year warranty on Presto Fry Daddy deep fryer.
Features and Benefits
- Requires only 4 cups of oil
- Made of nonstick materials.
- Compact and easy to store away
- Safe and easy to use
- Fries wide variety of food
- Has a preset thermostat to cook well for every time.
- Handy services drain and scoop lifts.
- Has no messy basket.
- Products come to the market with the standard of the North American Electrical Standard.
- The handle of the fryer remain cool and easily you can carry it to your kitchen.
- As it has a removable bowl from the real appliance, you can clean up is a breeze.
- The window will allow you to see the progress of cooking food in the fryer.
- You need not worry about the oil splatter. The charcoal filter reduces the oil odors- you will get no fast food odor in your kitchen.
- You need not use the 4 cups of oil to cook food. You can use a cup of oil to cook a cup of food until cover up your food.
- Saves money from the oil. Ratio is 4: 4 which makes four serving with four cups of oil.
- The thermostat will permit you to reach heat up to 375 degrees F quickly if you turn on it. Along with there are other heat settings.
- For easy cleaning, it has a nonstick surface.
- You can fry up 4 cups of food at the same time. So it is not good for the large families.
- You can be safe your oil after using it. If you reuse oil more, it will take more time to be heated up.
- Not dishwasher safe.
Which to choose?
For home deep frying, Hamilton Beach 35021 Deep Fryer provides some of the best results. It cooks food faster than many of the competing models and it holds a stable temperature throughout the frying process. In addition to that, this appliance is well made and it requires little maintenance. Being a quality machine that works well, the Hamilton Beach 35021 Deep Fryer is a good value.
For easy and simple cleaning process choose the Presto 05420 Fry Daddy. The fryer is simple to use and easy to clean. There is a lid on the top and has four cups capacity. The grease remains with the fryer is manageable and has no effect on health issue if you like to keep the oil in the freezer. The temperature remains fix, and it is capable of cooking anything within time. While cooking with Presto Fry Daddy deep fryer you’re saving money, time and storage space.