Welcome back to Corrie Cooks yet again for yet another article! In today’s article, we are going to cover an unique model. Gourmia is one of those lines of products which are famous because all of their models are unique. It’s just that none of the other lines of products can come up with such ideas as they do!
So well, in today’s article we are going to be discussing the Gourmia GSV550 9 Quart Sous Vide Water Oven Cooker. And I hope that this is one of the models that is going to be the best we review -we’ll find out soon enough! So, ready for it? Then what are we waiting for? Let’s get to the discussion!
What are some of the main features of this model?
As I just remarked, the Gourmia line of products makes unique models. In fact, they are not low on any features or any point when it comes to functionality on versatility. But they do have something or the other that just makes them stands out from every other model out there.
This model, being a part of their product list, also boasts of the same. But that’s not all that there is to it. Let us take a detailed look at all the features of this model to find what exactly it offers, shall we? So, the main features of this model might be summed up in the following points:
- First of all, this model is actually a full container. Most Sous Vide machines aren’t a container but rather a stick like or a tube like device. This one is not so. This one, as I just said, is actually a full mechanized container which does your job. So you don’t need anything else to come with it since it’s all that there is to it.
- Next comes the fact that it’s much more functional than several other models. Since it’s a full container, it has a much improvised circuit system making it far more functional and versatile than other machines, a lot of points go to it in that aspect.
- It’s also in possession of a fairly large capacity. As its very name suggests, it has a capacity of 9 Quarts. This makes this one of the only Sous Vide machines with a fixed capacity and with a large fixed capacity at that.
- This device is also able to boast of a beautiful display. It has a really nice digital display system that makes it really simple to keep an eye out on the process as well as the settings that it’s having right then.
- It also has a super simple interface that you directly control by pressing buttons. So, all in all, I’d say that this model is really simple and easy to use. This makes cooking it a lot better for you. In fact, you might fall in love with cooking because of just a model like this!
- But even that is not all that there is to it! It has a timer system! And it actually alerts you by making sounds once the timer is over. So, it’s one of the only machines where you can actually put a timer in a pot, a truly unique Sous Vide!
- In fact, it’s so functional that even the lid isn’t just a lid. It’s actually a multi functional thing that you can also use as a tray. You must understand from this as to how versatile the whole device actually is. Come on now, which device would be able to give that, if it isn’t far more functional on the inside as well?
What are the negative aspects of this model?
This is one of those models where not much negative can be pointed out. But that doesn’t mean that it is all positive. There are still quite a few things that might make people look elsewhere. So, let us take a look at these things.
So, the main shortcomings of this device might be summed up in the following words:
- First of all comes the physical dimension. It has a capacity of 9 Quarts. that makes it a pretty huge container. That means it’s no longer as easy to carry or put in a place as the small sous vide devices. This is one of the major problems because quite a few modern kitchens are actually quite small. So, you might want to keep in mind that you need a large place to be able to properly put it without compromising on aestheticism as well.
- Then comes the fact that it can’t be Bluetooth or WiFi operated like other Sous Vide Machines. This is a minor thing but some people would love to have that ease of use as well, but yeah, it’s a minor one.
Should I go for this model?
You must be wondering if this model is worth going for. Well, whether you would go for it or not should depend on your specific needs. If it serves them all and you’re fine with the price, it’s the right model for you.
However, as a whole, I really think that if you have enough room to put it, it’s a great choice. It provides you with all that you could want and it does that at a pretty affordable price. I really think that it’s worth it.
Which are the main competing models for it?
This model is fairly unique. As such, it doesn’t have competitors in quite a few aspects. But as a whole, it’s still a sous vide, and a pretty high selling one at that. So the other bestselling models might be treated as the main competitors. So the main competing models for it are:
- Anova Culinary Bluetooth Sous Vide Precision Cooker
- Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker
- ChefSteps CS10001 Joule Sous Vide