Corrie Cooks is back again with yet another article for you! Today, we are going to discuss a name that is comparatively unheard of. Today, we are going to talk about the GeekChef Electric Pressure Cooker, a really great model that we came across lately and would like to talk to you all.
It might so happen that whenever you think of a pressure cooker famous names like the Instant Pot pop up in your mind. But you must keep in mind at the same time that there are also several less-famous brands and lines of products such as the Tayama Electric Pressure Cooker and even the very one we are talking of in this article, the GeekChef Electric Pressure Cooker.
So… What exactly is this GeekChef Electric Pressure Cooker?
Among the unknown line of products that have great electric pressure cookers, GeekChef is one. It has the famous 11-in-1 Multi-Functional Electric Pressure Cooker available that one must admit is a really great model.
Yes, some people might be scared of trying out a brand this unknown, but that doesn’t mean it’s not worth it. In several cases, lesser known brands like the Tayama Electric Pressure Cookers are able to come up really close to even the bestselling Instant Pot! (click here for the differences between the Tayama and the Instant Pot)
What are the main features of this model?
The GeekChef 11-in-1 multi-purpose electric pressure cooker is one of those electric pressure cookers that offers you a real lot. Not only does it provide you with high functionality, but also with high efficiency and value for money. Let us now take a detailed look at the main features of the GeekChef Electric Pressure Cooker:
- As the name suggest, it is a multi purpose electric pressure cooker that provides you with 11 functionalities including everything from yogurt maker up to soup cooker.
- Some things still mention a special mention. This model also boasts of an Yogurt Maker.
- Besides the Yogurt Maker, this model also offers you the Slow Cooker mode, making it hugely versatile.
- It goes without saying that this model is thus hugely versatile, making it a really great choice.
- However, this is made even more simpler by giving you 12 in-built settings from which you can select with one click and you won’t have to set anything manually anymore.
- And finally, it also comes with a durable 3-ply bottom 304 stainless steel inner pot and FDA approved detachable aluminum filter cover for easy clean.
- And one of the important features of any model is size, this model has a size of 6 quarts, which is the typical size for electric pressure cooker models and is the ideal size for a family of three.
What are some of the limitations of the GeekChef Electric Pressure Cooker?
It might appear at this point that this electric cooker is just perfect. But unfortunately, that cannot always be the case. There are some limitations that keeps even this electric cooker off our list of The Best Electric Pressure Cookers Available.
While there are quite a few minor limitations that don’t really concern you there are a few major ones that might make you look for another model. So, let us point out the most prominent limitations of the GeekChef Electric Pressure Cooker:
- The first limitation of this model is the lack of “Flavor Infusion Technology”. While it provides you with the Yogurt maker of the instant pot, it fails to provide you with the “Flavor Infusion Technology” that makes the Power Pressure Cooker XL famous.
- This is a single model and it fails to offer you any range in terms of volume, it only offers you a volume of 6 quarts.
- This model is also not able to provide you with any choice when it comes to discussing aestheticism. Fagor LUX has clearly made a name for itself by just that, making it a really important thing that this model is unable to offer you with.
Technical Specifications of the Model:
After all, it is also an electrical appliance and so you must be aware about its technical specifications. The main technical specifications of the GeekChef electric pressure cooker might be summed up as follows:
- It offers you a volume of about 6 quarts.
- Besides that, it also offers you with a 3-ply bottom 304 stainless steel inner pot.
- Again, it has a beautiful digital display system with one touch features.
- Finally, it has an electricity consumption of 1000 watts, making it a pretty power-efficient model among the Electric Pressure Cooker models.
So.. Is it worth it?
There are several electric pressure cookers that are worth it but never get the proper reputation. This is one of those models. While there are models out there such as the Instant Pot and the Breville Slow Pro that are really famous, there are also models like the Bella and GeekChef that are comparatively almost unknown.
You might call this luck. You might say that they not have been able to properly market their products. But at the end of the day, these are not known half as well and that’s really saddening. However, if I were asked if it was worth it, I’d answer that the GeekChef Electric Pressure Cooker sure is worth it.
A Few Competing Products:
While this model is one of the rarer models out there that doesn’t have any direct competitors, you might consider a few models to be its competitors in specific fields.
Again, in terms of money-value, it might be said that this model directly competes with the Fagor Premium and some of the Instant Pot models (not with expensive ones like the latest Instant Pot Ultra).
However, at the end of the day, you are buying it for yourself. So keep your specific needs in mind when you select the right electric pressure cooker for yourself and know that we here at Corrie Cooks always aspire to help you to make the best choice.